We hope that if you haven't already booked on via PDC, you will do now.
ICT Subject Leaders is for just then morning session again, but we have worked hard to provide some extra opportunities in the afternoon that you will have a choice of.
- Welcome and News
- Key theme: Assessment - We will spend on final session looking at this issue and tie it back into what ICT assessment should be based on the NEW Becta Self Review Framework Guidelines. I would be great if you could bring along once again some example of the assessment work you have done with your children.
- Resource Gateway - New opportunities for Fronter Resources
- Project Feedback from the Redbridge Games Network
- Improving your school
- Training Experience - A whirlwind of ideas of how to use ICT outside the classroom.
- New from the floor
In the afternoon after ICT subject leaders finishes you will have three opportunities.
1. EducationCity will be running a training session on how to use this resource effectively, as well as explaining some of the new features. (This was requested by a number of schools) You need to email firstname.lastname@example.org to state if you would like to attend. This way EducationCity can prepare packs. They will be covering :-
- effectively navigate through the product & find relevant activities quickly
- use key features of the resource relevant to your key stage, such as Topic Tools
- use tests and Revision Pathways
- plan differentiated lessons to support personalised learning goals
- monitor whole class and individual children’s progress in SuccessTracker
- use advanced feature management e.g. Setting a myCity
If there is anything else you would like covered either email me and I'll pass this on to the Trainer.
2. Has your school shown a commitment to ICT? Do you want recognition for the work you have done on ICT? We will be running a session where you can work in a stress free environment to develop your schools response to the Becta Self Review Framework. The new changes to the SRF will be explained and a ICT Mark assessor will be on hand.
3. Go back to school. - Where you will miss out on all the opportunities the above sessions give.
1. Bring a charged laptop, though there will be a limited amount to borrow.
2. Some examples of ICT assessment that you have done.
We look forward to seeing you on the 25th.
Nic and Alex.