Monday 18 December 2006

2 Simple Maths Games


The first batch of Maths Games were tested last summer by our Maths Ast. Read her comments below:


I've tried out the software 3 times so far with my class as a whole (haven't had an opportunity to get to ICT suite yet). The games definitely have a 'commercial ' appeal of Tetris, Space Invaders, Snake, Super Mario etc. My class, especially the boys, loved th em. At this time of year, as reinforcement, they have been very good. I particularly liked using 'Factoroids' after the Transition unit of developing factors. I think if used individually, the games would also serve as a light hearted reinforcement and application of objectives. Further enjoyment arises from the very 'real-life' application in today's market of Playstation etc games. When it has come to ending our sessions I have been greeted with moans and other requests for continuing. The games are ultimately a light hearted way to reinforce the objectives. I personally believe if Maths is ever viewed as 'fun', then that has to be a good thing.


To find out more click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment